As you wear them every day, you may feel that your gemstones do not sparkle as strongly as they used to. The reason for this is that the dirt and grime that collects on the back of gemstones reduces their brilliance. Washing your ring and cleaning the gemstones will restore their beauty. If you wear your ring everyday, cleaning once every three months or so can be done simply even at home.
However, if you notice any damage to your ring, or if any gems are loose, do not clean it yourself, and have your jeweler inspect the ring.
Cleaning your jewelry
This video simply explains how to wash and clean a ring.
(This video will be uploaded soon.)
1. First, prepare a toothbrush, a mild, non-abrasive detergent, a wash basin, and tissue paper.
2. Wet the toothbrush.
3. Put 2 or 3 drops of detergent directly on the toothbrush.
4. Gently brush the sides of the gemstones, building up a lather.
5. Continue with openings behind the gemstones, using the tips of the bristles in small, penetrating strokes.
6. Finally, gently brush the top sides of the gemstones.
7. Rinse away the detergent completely in the water in the basin.
8. Wipe off moisture completely with tissue paper and allow to dry.
9. With dirt and grime removed, brilliance is restored.